Sierra style click pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cacardon

Morning everyone, Happy New Year!
So my mother in law has a birthday coming up next month and she wants a click type pen. She dosent want it thin like the 7mil twist pens. I'm looking for something thick and that will stand a little punishment as she is not to gental with her pens. I was thinking the Sierra style click pen. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dick Mahany

I'm very new to this...........so my opinion is worth just you paid for it :rolleyes: I just made my first Sierra/Cassica/Wall St II type pen and it turned out beyond my expectations.

What I liked about it was simple assembly, overall stout ruggedness, and only took 1 pen blank instead of needing to match 2 pcs. It was perfect for my newbie pen making attempts, but I made a twist type, and now want to make the click version.

I was surprised to see the cost range on these kits as they range from the cost effective - to - wallet breaking, depending on style and plating finishes. But all in all, seem like a good way to go until I can graduate to more complex and refined pens.

These seem to present beautifully for a beginner like me:)

KenV

Have now done a few of the new serra clicks, and like them.

You might also look at the long click -- got the last one from exotic blanks. These have been "failure proof".

kooster

Also, check out the Gatsby Grande. This is a nice, hardy, substantial pen that's attractive and easy to turn.

Top Bottom