Sierra Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tas2181

Am wondering if anyone has run into this problem before.
Was putting together a regular gold Sierra today and the mechanism would not seat fully into the finial/cap. It would fit in but I could not get it the last 1/4 inch or so without undue force. Was almost impossible to get apart. Would have been very difficult to change the refill using the proper technique.
After trying a different cap from another Sierra kit I deduced that the first cap may have had too much plating on the interior. That is the only thing I could figure out.
Luckily I had a spare cap/finial in my parts stash.

Tom

Did you trim off too much of the barrel? It is possible that the mechanism is fully seated, but the body of the pen is too short.

After re-reading your post, I realized that you answered your own question [:p] I have had thick plating problems with chrome kits mainly. Most recently I was trying to get the clip and finial onto a Gentlemen's pen. I ended up taking a reamer to the clip ring to get it to fit properly over the finial.

rickstef

I had this happen to me, did you flip the barrel, the tighter end of the barrel fits better on the finial,

I had the tight end on the end where you twist the pen, and the looser end on the finial.

Rick

Top Bottom