Sierra pencil kit from Berea Hardwoods.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

shastastan

I finished this pencil today. I was worried about the lead advancing at first since it kept going back inside when it was touched. I wrote to Berea tech support about it but haven't heard back. The listing says the lead is 7mm, but it looks like 5mm to me. I made this pencil for myself for everyday use. I like 7mm rather than 5mm. Does anyone know if the Sierra Pencil is 5mm or 7mm? Is there another brand of a 7mm clicker pencil around? Thanks for comments.

Stan

shastastan

I got an email reply from Berea, but I had figured out the problem before their reply. Just pull on the lead and if it comes out in a short piece, try the clicker to see if it now works okay. This pencil kit is 7mm.

I had made some other kits some years ago that have a twist mechanism. I like the clicker a lot better. Although not cheap, this is a very good quality kit, too. Initially, I sort of balked at the price since I pretty much bought at the other end of the scale in the past. However, if you want to give a nice pencil gift to someone, I recommend this one.

Top Bottom