sierra pen questions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenPauli

I just purchased 2 sierra pen kits and the nib just slides in and out of the pen blank. I tried both tubes from the kits and both nibs just spin around the blank. I glued one in but it doesn't seem right. Next question, They didn't come with instructions and I can't figure how to replace the ink. The nib and cap on both pens don't unscrew? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

I use epoxy on the finial, but the nib assembly just presses into the finial (after the epoxy has cured). BB has instructions at http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/SierraPen.pdf

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Instructions are here

The pen screws apart at the lower band, where the wood meets the delrin or metal, depending on which kit finish you have.
The transmission, which screws into the nib assembly, holds the components together.

Try the instructions and see if you still have problems.

leehljp

Member Liaison
Saying this another way, the pen is secured together by the upper part of the transmission as it goes into the upper part of the top cap or top of the pen. The nib does spin around the blank. It is a very loose fit at that point. That is normal.

PenPauli

Hi thanks for all your help. Originally I meant both tubes from both kits. I did get the glued nib assy apart and now I understand and it does work properly. I didn't get the instructions with the pen and every time I try to download the instruction from bb I get some kind of error. If anyone has them on line can they please email it to me. Thanks again for all your help.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom