Sierra Noise Question?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Troy Cole

I just turned and assembled my first Sierra today. It works great, but when I extend or retract the ink cartridge it makes what almost sounds like a grinding noise. I was just wondering if this is normal for this kit?
Thanks for any info,
Troy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rcflyer23

I just turned and assembled my first Sierra today. It works great, but when I extend or retract the ink cartridge it makes what almost sounds like a grinding noise. I was just wondering if this is normal for this kit?
Thanks for any info,
Troy

I have heard that on several of my kits. It must be something with the sierra. Doesn't seem to affect anything, yet.

JimB

I've had that experience as well on some of them. I found that if I extended and retracted the ink cartridge maybe about 20 times it works itself out. I think it might just be the newness of the mechanism but I'm not sure.

igran7

Better yet, take the pen apart like you are changing out the refill & blow some compressed air into the transmission/twist mechanism. If you don't have compressed air, simply blow (hard) into the mechanism.

That outta do the trick. This has happened to me on several occasions and the compressed air trick works every time.

Stephen

I have had the same problem. I have pumped in some Armarol, (not sure of spelling)just a little into the mechanism and used my lung power to blow through and exercised a couple of times, maybe 10 times and it operates smoothly.
Stephen

Top Bottom