sierra issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizical

I did a search for this, but it seems no one has posted this.

I made a couple of sierra's last night and ran into a problem. I noticed a very small gap between the wood and the pen nib. Is this normal in this pen. When I use the pen mill, it is used properly. any other tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Russianwolf

Keven, Is the gap all the way around, or just on one side?

Looking at the ones I've done, I have no gap at all.

I guess it is possible to shorten the tub so much that the tranny would hit the finial before the pen came together all the way, but I would think this would be VERY noticablly shorter.

If the gap is uniform, here's a suggestion. With the pen together as much as you can, unscrew the tranny (it's still inside the tube) a bit so the gap is doubled. Then push the tube down again so your gap is back to the unscrewed amount. Then screw the tranny back down tight. If the gap disappears the tube just wasn't going down far enough. If the gap is still there then you may have a problem with the tube hitting something.

wizical

thanks for the response,

sometimes it is very small(it is usually all the way around) not enough to even notice at first. I have looked on some pens finished on here and even saw gaps on those as well.

I will try what you said to do and see if it does the trick, thank you

Top Bottom