Sierra Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

keithbyrd

Folks,
I, like many of you have made a lot of sierra - elegant, twist, click etc but I am getting afraid of making them. I have had at least 7 of them in the past year that have gone bad. By the phrase gone bad I mean the metal sleeve between the nib and the body of the pen, comes loose and just spins around.

Have any of you experienced this and what do you do about it? Right now I have a handful of kits that I only have a good top mechanism for because of replacing the defective part for the customers. So I am wasting money on these kits and more importantly am disappointing customers.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

I have not had this problem. Have you contacted your supplier? I would think any of the major companies where you may have bought from would not hesitate to replace the faulty units and also could tell you if they had others with the same issues.

nativewooder

It's fine that we have all these pen makers who have solved this problem in various ways, but nowhere do I see that this problem has been sent to the original importer/manufacturer. Who is responsible for selling this defective kit? Why are they not being held responsible? I don't understand why we should have to repair a kit that we paid good money for!

keithbyrd

Folks - I have posted on this problem before - I have not had an issue with the suppliers not being willing to replace the parts but it s the customer experience that I don't like.
It looks like there are only two options - replace the defective end or disassemble, glue and reassemble.
Should I start dis-assembly-glue-reassembly as a matter practice? The kit is too popular not to make!
I am concerned about the failure rate and customer experience not the supplier being willing to replace.

Top Bottom