Sierra/ Gatsby kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Stephen

I have not done or seen a Sierra kit. I have done a few Polaris and Gatsby kits. But looking at the pictures of the Sierra in this forum it is a great looking pen. I have opted for the Gatsby from WoodNwhipsies as their prices and shipping to international customers are very competitive. My observation of the Gatsby with it's design of center band is more forgiving for matching the barrel size to the cenre band. I can "cheat" with "out of round" errors. Of course I wish to avoid the OFR. I think The Sierra is something like the Polaris where the metal/barrel matching is very critical. I stand to be corrected. I have done a few Polaris and this is my conclusion. Would appreciate any comments on my new experience with the Polaris and Gatsby kits.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redfishsc

If I could sell a Polaris/Atlas/Carbara, I'd make more of them. Right now I have a small handfull of them that are very, very nice and nobody will do more than pick them up and then immediately set them down[B)]. Usually they opt for a Baron, cigar, or a type of slim.

1080Wayne

Stephen The Sierra is very forgiving at the finial end . Quite a bit less at the nib end , but still more forgiving than a slim or Euro , in my opinion . My favourite pen to make . Wayne

1080Wayne

Stephen The Sierra is very forgiving at the finial end . Quite a bit less at the nib end , but still more forgiving than a slim or Euro , in my opinion . My favourite pen to make . Wayne

redfishsc

I have not made the Gatsby but I will thumbs-up them for using the same accent profile on the top and bottom. While the Sierra is a very nice pen, the differing accents at each end of the barrel look unusual to some people. Most don't care though.

Top Bottom