• click

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • twist

Votes: 61 75.3%

• Total voters
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Do the "click" work??? Durability has, previously been a problem with click pens in kit form--is this "overcome"?

JimMc7

like the clean line of the twist, but the convenience of the click..........

Ditto...

Both Sierra kits require "add-ons" in my experience:
  • Twists require plug in the cap or shortened blank to prevent transmission sticking in the cap
  • Click kit springs are too weak -- replacing these with the stiffer "Parker" replacement springs from Wood'N'Whimsies gives the click mechanism a much more solid feel in my opinion
I wish the twist used the same transmission design (in the cap) as Dayacom Aero or Elegant Beauty -- I think some manufacturer offers this in a "Sierra" style now but I forget who.

RDH79

So I wonder why no one has come out with a better click mech. I would think for a couple bucks more a better one could be made. And it would be worth it. And that sound does have an effect on the sale.
Rich H

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Me Too

I wonder that myself...it seems to me if the $.99 pens (and I think a lot of them it's more like $.59) can be assembled with a positive, reliable click mechanism that kit makers should be able to come up with one also. PSI's Slimline Pro seems to have about as good a click mechanism as we can get.

Craftdiggity

While not based on anything , the 'click' sound just screams $0.99 to me.

+1

And I have not found any click kits that would change this opinion. I ordered a dozen Polaris clicks from PSI and about half of them had problems after assembly. I spent a few hours trying to work through the directions to see what I was doing wrong and I couldn't figure it out. Some work and some don't. I had better success with the Gemini kits. They seem to be the same mechanisms though so I don't know what the difference is. Even when they work they feel a little cheap.

Top Bottom