Sierra Finial problem (or tube)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

philb

Hi,

I've had a few Sierra kits (Berea) where the final/clip assembly just slides into the tube with no force or effort?
This is only on say 1 in 25 so not a huge amount( just frustrating), just wondering if anyone else has had this and how they get round it?

I've tried the final/clip in a Sierra tube from a different batch and they seem to be a much more secure fit. So I'm wondering whether the tube is the problem rather than the final/clip assembly??

The clip/finial assembly always seems to be the part that I fear is going to pop out once a customer has the pen!

PHIL

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Justturnin

I have had a few kits, not just this style, w/ loose fitting parts. I drop of Red Loctite will secure that beast. I prefer loctite because it is less permanent than CA or Epoxy in case it has to come apart.

ghostrider

While not doing more than maybe three or four, all the Wall Street/Sierra kits I've used have been able to hand press those parts in.

I also use red loctite for this.

dbledsoe

I wish they all would fit looser (more loosely, whatever) because I never see my boo-boos until I have it assembled. Dry fitting would do wonders for fit and finish.

philb

Normally they should be a snug fit, so fixing agents shouldn't be needed!
Thats right, but notice he said they don't fit snug so he does need a fixing agent.

Lin.

I was answering the question one reply above!!

I've tried a few more tube/finial combos, and it appears to be the tubes that vary. Moe so than the finial?

After try a few it seems that the cap/finial all fit snuggly to a degree and loosely in the same tubes, so I'm guessing the tolerances on tubes are less than parts?

Top Bottom