Sierra Elegant Beauty(Black Ti & Ti Gold)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hotwire55

I finished this pen a couple weeks ago, but just now got around to showing it. It has flaws and some issues only I know about, but wanted everybody to know I'm still hanging in there. Wood blank is stabilized burl Ash. I have spent the last two days trying to build a small photo studio, and this pen was shot inside of it. My images are lacking a little on focus and probably in other ways as well, but considering that they were taken with a point & shoot Canon Powershot SD800IS in manual mode which only focuses in AF they don't look to bad. I'm sure color rendition is off too. As always, I appreciate any advice you guys & gals might have! Thanks! -Bobby Moyers

Attachments

• IMG_4571.1.jpg
    IMG_4571.1.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_4572.1.jpg
    IMG_4572.1.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 152
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hotwire55

Thanks Bob, I handled the thing a great deal and it had fingerprints all over it. Only 10 coats of thin CA & buffed with two different compounds. I used 3 ea. 11 watt, 5000 Kelvin bulbs for lighting. Will do better in many respects the next time! Thanks again! --Bobby Moyers--

Robert111

That's a beautiful hunk of ash (I was careful, wasn't I?) and looks great with that plating. Great pairing. Photos looks good but could be closer in. Have a macro setting on that Canon?

hotwire55

That's a beautiful hunk of ash (I was careful, wasn't I?) and looks great with that plating. Great pairing. Photos looks good but could be closer in. Have a macro setting on that Canon?

Thanks Robert, I appreciate the kind comments! Looked at your pens and my single kit pen don't compare to the quality of your pens in aspect, but I have to start somewhere. You make beautiful pens & your photography is first class! It's probably a good thing that I didn't have a better camera. I will try macro and maybe the Focus Lock feature. Thanks much,--Bobby

Last edited:
Top Bottom