Sierra Clips

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pjohnson

Is it possible to swap out the clips on a sierra style pen with one that has a logo?
Or is there another similar pen style that has the capability?

I have seen custom clips for slimline and euro style, but never sierra.

Many thanks

PJ

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

turncrazy43

Don't know if it can even be done without a bit of delicate cutting etc. The clip and cap are one piece I believe. Maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject will come in on this thread.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I can't speak for Sierra but the finial twist versions the clip can easily be changed before assembly as long as the replacement has the right size hole for the transmission sleeve.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Is it possible to swap out the clips on a sierra style pen with one that has a logo?

Many thanks

PJ

Interesting point!! I've never seen a sierra-fitting clip with a logo. But, yes the clip is a separate part and CAN be taken off. Because there are so many manufacturers that make "sierra" pens, the process is NOT always equally easy, or difficult.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Many thanks

PJ

Interesting point!! I've never seen a sierra-fitting clip with a logo. But, yes the clip is a separate part and CAN be taken off. Because there are so many manufacturers that make "sierra" pens, the process is NOT always equally easy, or difficult.
On all of the "Finial Twist" versions of this style I've seen, it is very easy if done before assembly because the transmission sleeve is used to hold the clip, so if your replacement clip has the correct hole to be held by the sleeve it's a piece of cake. On the Barrel Twist versions, I can't say because I have not seen all that many in the unassembled state.

MichaelD

I have taken the clips off a couple of kits I got from Exotic Blanks so it is possible but not easy. I did not replace them with something else so can't help there.

Pjohnson

This is helpful - thank you.
Can you offer some pen kit names that have this as a feature (i.e. Jr Gent, LeRoi, etc?)

johncrane

To remove Sierra clips you need a few tools
1)bench vice i raised mine up 3/4 inch and cut some aluminium angle to go over the jaws.
2)plastic cutting board with different sized holes drilled in it,the cutting board is used on top of the opened vice about a inch is ok.
3)You need 3 Center punches 1 for body,1 for the end cap 1 for clip bush.
1st remove clip end from body.
2nd place end cap upside down in the 10mm hole,using 6.5mm center punch knock of end cap
3 place clip between vice jaws use a 10mm punch and punch out brass bush the
clip will come of with the brass bush.you could wrap tape around the clip to protect it.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_0238.JPG
    1-IMG_0238.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 2-IMG_0240.JPG
    2-IMG_0240.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 3-IMG_0241.JPG
    3-IMG_0241.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 4-IMG_0243.JPG
    4-IMG_0243.JPG