sierra click tube size

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

I have ruined the tube out of my last sierra click kit[:0] (I only had 2) and now no tube. it looks as though bear tooth and AS do not carry replacement tubes yet:(. I do have a bunch of tubes for the sierra twist does anyone know the length of the click tube? I am hoping that I can cut one of the tubes and make one long enough

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

Mudder

I'm just thinking out loud here but I'll give up a little "secret" or an "idea" that I am toying with.

If you measure you will find that the Sierra click pen tube is longer than the tube for the twist pen. You'll also notice that in order for you to use the "parker refill" you have to use the little adapter that they supply which is about 1/2" long if I remember correctly. Not sure how bad your tubes are but what about cutting about a 1/2" off the click pen tube and make the pen so it uses the "parker refill" only?

Or, given the scenario above, you might be able to trim a little off the twist sierra tube to make the pen for "parker refills" only.

Of course If you want to use the uniball in the pen then my "trick" will not work and you should say "Shut up Mudder and mind your own frekin business!"

Just a thought.

Free of charge ;)

toolcrazy

Originally posted by Jarheaded

No matter how many times you cut it, it will still be too short. If you leave the little metal extension piece out of the click kit, you may be able to pull it off though.
Yep, that is true. That is why you messure twice, cut once. But I think he was talking about cutting a second tube to make up for the extra length.:D

doddman70

Originally posted by Mudder

I'm just thinking out loud here but I'll give up a little "secret" or an "idea" that I am toying with.

If you measure you will find that the Sierra click pen tube is longer than the tube for the twist pen. You'll also notice that in order for you to use the "parker refill" you have to use the little adapter that they supply which is about 1/2" long if I remember correctly. Not sure how bad your tubes are but what about cutting about a 1/2" off the click pen tube and make the pen so it uses the "parker refill" only?

Or, given the scenario above, you might be able to trim a little off the twist sierra tube to make the pen for "parker refills" only.

Of course If you want to use the uniball in the pen then my "trick" will not work and you should say "Shut up Mudder and mind your own frekin business!"

Just a thought.

Free of charge ;)

HUH!!!!!![:I] sorry I might be a little slow today[|)] are you saying I could use a uniball refill with a sierra twist tube and a sierra click kit without the adapter? not sure if I'm following what you are saying. I have been off work for about 2 months now with a bad ankle and foot and watching to much TV I think my brain is turning to mush[:p][|)]:D

jrc

You can get extra sierra tubes from Berea. I allways buy extra tubes for when I get a large order I can turm them all, then order the kits I need.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by doddman70

Originally posted by Mudder

Just a thought.

Free of charge ;)

HUH!!!!!![:I] sorry I might be a little slow today[|)] are you saying I could use a uniball refill with a sierra twist tube and a sierra click kit without the adapter? not sure if I'm following what you are saying. I have been off work for about 2 months now with a bad ankle and foot and watching to much TV I think my brain is turning to mush[:p][|)]:D

No,

In order to use the uniball you must be using the sierra click kit and no adapter. I was saying that it is possible to use a parker refill ONLY, without the adapter if you shorten the tube.

I'll look at them side by side tonight and see if I can explain better.

Buzz

The Sierra click does have a longer tube than the standard Sierra to accommodate the Uniball refill if people want to use it. Seems silly to me, as far as I'm concerned it should be one or the other. I can see people loosing those little adapters needed for the Parker refill.

If you need the extra length using a standard Sierra tube, cut it half and leave a space that is not tubed in the middle of the pen.

gwilki

Shane
Keep in mind that you don't need to have tube throughout the blank. You only need it at each end where you are pressing stuff into it. You can cut a regular tube in have, insert each half into one end of the longer blank, and you're all set.

MikeInMo

Out of necessity, I did something similar to what Mudder is talking about. I had a PVC blank chip on the end. Instead of repairing, I shortened the tube about 1/32". When assembled, the tip did not retract fully. I ground the end off of the adapter about 1/32", and it works fine. I just can't use the uniball refill in that pen.

Personally, I like the uniball refill and click pens so the Sierra click is good for me. I am in the process of making a set with three colors of ink with matching dyed box elder blanks to use at work.

hughbie

what's to keep you from using a normal sierra tube and about 1/2" of another and glue them both inside a blank and use it that way? hhhmmmmmm i might have to do this with a sierra click that i'm trying to make and have made a couple of boo boo's and each time i shave all the old blank off the tube and reuse it. that means each time i mill down to the tube, i acutally take a little off the tube thus making it shorter.....something to keep in mind

Top Bottom