Sierra Click & Sierra Twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

renowb

I was wondering if the Sierra Click and the Sierra Twist pen tubes are the same size and length? I believe the tube is 27/64 for both? I have made the twist but not the click. Also, I do shy away from clicks, but how are the click mechanisms? Good/Bad, etc. Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I know the Woodcraft Wall St II clicks use a longer tube than the twists, and I think the Sierras are identical, but I can's say for sure from personal experience. IMO the click mechs are OK, but not great, a little cheap feeling, but a stiffer spring will help a good bit.

renowb

Thanks guys. If the click tube is longer, than I think it would be safe to say I could cut a click tube shorter to work for a twist pen?

stolicky

As someone pointed out to me a few weeks, there is a wonderful reference that is right at our finger tips. I had forgot about it. It is listed on the right side of the main page. Here is a link to the document:

http://content.penturners.org/articles/2009/bushingsandtubes.pdf

As far as the sierras, we're talking Berea here, I believe the click tubes are longer. However, the Elegant Sierra Click tubes are shorter. Gotta love the confusing things we deal with, huh?

KenV

The Elegant Bureaty Sierra Click is the same length as the standard Sierra and EB Sierra - and uses a parker refill without extensions. (I have several and checked lengths).

The click Sierra is longer (inless cut down to fit a parker refill) and the click pencil is shorter than the normal sierras

Top Bottom