Sierra Click-Assembly Advice??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randy_

I just ordered some Sierra Button Clicks from Bill B. which are on sale this week. I decided to take a quick look at the instructions posted on the AS web site and a question occurred to me.

The instructions say to press in the finial/click mechanism first and then press the threaded nib bushing into the other end. I don't have the kit yet; but it seems to me that the better way to carry out the assembly is to press in the nib bushing first and then do the finial/click second.

For those of you who have actually crafted one of these pens, which sequence is preferred or does it not make much difference?? Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marc Phillips

I think it is better to press the threaded nib in first... then you only have to use the block with the hole drilled in it once...

Other than that, I don't see what difference it makes...

Ligget

Randy I don`t think it really matters which end you insert first as the outcome is the same.

It makes sense though to use the press block as little as possible to prevent damage, so the threaded insert first then click mech next gets my vote too!:D

JohnLifer

You got it right, and I've had to put a little bitty drop of CA on the threaded insert to keep it in on several of the kits I got last month. But I LOVE the pen. Use a second myself everyday!

Top Bottom