Sierra Click

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

I was embarrassed today when a customer returned a Sierra click pen that he had bought yesterday. Seems he purchased real Parker refills and tried to replace the generic refill I sold in the pen. The customer was upset that the real Parker refill would not fit the pen correctly.

As you know, the click Sierra uses an extension that fits the end of the refill to make up the differrence in length when the pen is not used with the rollerball refill. Seems the little extension piece has a short tip that slips inside a hole on the end of the refill. Well, the customer showed me that the little tip was just a little long and prevented the extension from fully seating into the Parker refill. We tried some real Parker refills I had and they were the same problem.

Since the extension piece wouldn't seat completely, the refill was slightly exposed when fully retracted.

I could grind off the tip of the extension but I would like a better solution if anyone knows of one.

Also, does anyone know the correct Uniball refill needed for the click Sierra?

Thanks

Rick Beckham

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pentex

Rick, when I make the sierra click pen, I shorten the tube and do not us the little extension. I think it makes a little shorter pen, which I like, and I was afraid if I sold them, the customer would loose the little extension or not know how to fit it into the refill. Very easy to do and the click mech works great.

wolftat

Product Reviews Manager
Rick, when I make the sierra click pen, I shorten the tube and do not us the little extension. I think it makes a little shorter pen, which I like, and I was afraid if I sold them, the customer would loose the little extension or not know how to fit it into the refill. Very easy to do and the click mech works great.
Seems to be the thing to do and it works out well. That little extension piece is a pain in the ***.

hughbie

i agree with rick. that's what i do with the sierra click....shorten the tube the length of the extension. works like a charm.
i think that the sierra click looks out of place at it's normal length as well

beck3906

I saw on Arizona Silhouette's site the amount that should be cutoff the tube length, but can anyone provide the length of a tube after cutting off? I don't have a spare tube to measure against.

Thanks

Brewmeister35

I bought the uni-ball refills when I made my first one and they make a huge difference. I wish I could tell you which one's they are but I got them at staples. I'd figure out that route and sell them with the uni-balls and skip the parker.

Randy_

.....I was embarrassed today when a customer returned a Sierra click pen that he had bought yesterday. Seems he purchased real Parker refills and tried to replace the generic refill I sold in the pen. The customer was upset that the real Parker refill would not fit the pen correctly.{/quote]

I discovered this same problem when the pen first came out. Think I may have even posted about it here. I sent an inquiry to AS about the problem; but never received a reply.

As I understand it, the little tit on the end of the adapter is there so it will remain attached to the refill when it is removed as a method of reducing the possibility ob being lost. It turns out that the little hole on the plastic end-piece of the generic refills is a through-hole so the adaptor fits fully into the hole. With the Parker brand refill, the little hole is "NOT" molded all the way through and the adaptor will not fully seat in the end of the refill.

A number of solutions have been offered and all of them will work. Unfortunately, the best one eliminates the option of using different refills. Different pencrafters will prefer different solutions.......pick the one you like best. To get your customer back in operation promptly, just grind off about half of the little tit and that will solve the problem.

Randy_

......Also, does anyone know the correct Uniball refill needed for the click Sierra?

The uni-ball that I have used is the GEL Impact RT refill. I also use the Pilot G2 refill. I like it better than the uni-ball. You can use either of these refills in many rollerball kits. They are not identical; but are very similar. Sometimes they will be perfect replacements and sometimes you have to fool with the kits or the refills a little to make them work.

Rudy Vey

This is what I do: I put the Uniball refills in! I also give away a little card with the instruction to used the parker style refills together with the extensions.
The Uniball refill is:Uniball™ #65873 refill - there are actually two, a bold and a medium one. I could not find another refill that would fit in Staples.

Randy_

This is what I do: I put the Uniball refills in! I also give away a little card with the instruction to used the parker style refills together with the extensions.
The Uniball refill is:Uniball™ #65873 refill - there are actually two, a bold and a medium one. I could not find another refill that would fit in Staples.

I'm wanting to say I also saw a "FINE" refill at Wal-Mart which is what most people seem to prefer. I don't see the fine refill listed anywhere on the Internet so my memory may be faulty or maybe they quit making them??

On another point, I forgot to mention in my previous post that the simplest solution to the "PARKER" problem is to simply turn the adapter around so the little tit goes into the cap of the pen and not into the refill. This will make it a little easier to loose the D*** thing when changing refills, however.

Top Bottom