sierra button click disassembly

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

conandy

Anyone got any ideas on how to disassemble a Button Click Sierra?

Just made my first 2 this morning, and one of them had a tube that was too short. Now I need to disassemble and use that tube/barrel for a normal Sierra and get a new tube (of the correct length) for this one.

Once these are pressed together I don't really see a way to knock them apart. Either to get the brass bushing out of the nib end OR to knock out the click mechanism end even if I got the brass bushing out.

Only readily obvious way would be to machine some specific disassembly tools. Too bad I don't have a machinist lathe. or know how to use one.

conandy

Try making a tool like the one described here:

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f30/what-tool-50371/

That might do part of the job, but seems a bit elaborate for the Sierra BC.

I think I just need to figure out the threads on the inside of the brass grip section coupler bushing and I think I can pull it out.

Then a tubular knock out tool to knock out the button click end without crushing the inner plastic parts.

This is going on back burner for a few days. Got pens to make. Have to say I am not a fan of the Sierra BC design, or of any pen design that isn't conducive to taking it apart when needed. That is the engineer in me, I guess.

magpens

Have to say I am not a fan of the Sierra BC design, or of any pen design that isn't conducive to taking it apart when needed. That is the engineer in me, I guess.
I know the feeling ... I hate doing something I can't undo. . I'll be interested in hearing about your tubular knock-out tool. . I have thought about making one myself. . I think the tubular part wall will have to be pretty thin and strong. . You wouldn't want the wall to buckle and leave you with the tool permanently in there !

Last edited:
Top Bottom