Sierra = Gatsby???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Well, I never have used PSI kits, but somehow I was browsing through their site after someone mentioned a price reduction for some kits. I found the "Gatsby" pen. Looks for me pretty much like the Sierra, or??
Can someone tell me if they are identical?? Price-wise they look like a steal. The Titanium Gold was listed as $8.95, and comes down to $7.45 for the 50+ orders. Compared to our other suppliers, this is quite a very good price. Others sell the 50+ quantities about a buck higher than PSI single kit price. Interesting would be to know if these are from the same maker (Dayacom). For me that seems a wide spread in the pricing of the same pen kit.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

One of the tubes is longer, I think 1/4". I use both tubes on both kits. The decorative band is different but otherwise the kits are the same.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by rlharding

One of the tubes is longer, I think 1/4". I use both tubes on both kits. The decorative band is different but otherwise the kits are the same.
Ruth, the Gatsby (and the Sierra) are one-tube kits, so I am not sure what you mean with "both tubes".

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by mrcook4570

IIRC, drill sizes are different.
No, same drill bit size, tube length is 2.25", I just measured a Sierra and it is 2.20", just a smidgen shorter. The only bigger difference that I can make out is the doubled beads band on top and bottom, the Sierra has this only at the top. There is also another version I have seen here, and I believe it is called Tapa. These can be had with different motives on the bands.
It is interesting to see that there is not too much difference in these kits, just the pricing.....

ldb2000

The Sierra the Gatsby the Wall Street II and the Pacificas ALL use the same Tubes , Drill bits and Bushings the only difference is the banding on the finials and centerbands

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by ldb2000

The Sierra the Gatsby the Wall Street II and the Pacificas ALL use the same Tubes , Drill bits and Bushings the only difference is the banding on the finials and centerbands

Thanks, that was what I thought, too.

Randy_

One thing none of us can easily evaluate is the quality of the plating. If these kits are made by different companies, it is very possible that this could be a significant issue.

Top Bottom