side lever fountain pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

If you find one let me know too! I can see how cutting in the lever could be tricky. Or go to ebay and but some old lever fountain pens cheap. Disassemble and cut your own barrels and resack them. I have bought a bunch and refinished them only, Anthony

PenWorks

Sorry Paul for my bad manners. [:p] Welcome to the group [:D] You should stop by new members area and introduce yourself, we have allot of good folks here with great ideas. Anthony

paulg

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Sorry Paul for my bad manners. [:p] Welcome to the group [:D] You should stop by new members area and introduce yourself, we have allot of good folks here with great ideas. Anthony

What bad manners? Will do.

P

G

The Heck with the new members forum ,I'll catch up with you when you show up back here.
(too many d*am forums)

PenWorks

Hey Paul, Eagle is just on a rampage over to many forums, LOL, which is another topic alltogeter. Just click on the "MORE" next to latest posts, and becomes a little easier to follow some threads. There are no lever kits out there. So you are on your own to design and make it. What is your reasoning other than nostalgic? I have been looking at my lever pens and thinking on how many nice barrels I would ruin trying to cut & fasten that lever in there. I have a hard enough time talking clients into buying converters and bottle ink over using the cartridges. But if any one knows how, I would listen. Anthony

Mike_O

Paul, There are plenty of them out there. They are called old vinatge fountain pens![:D] This is how I started turning. I am a fountain pen collector and I did a lot of restoration. Many old parts are becoming hard to find, so I began turning the parts myself. One thing led to another and now I mainly just make pens.

All that being said, the side levers are not real easy to install into a new blank. Installing a button filler into the end of a pen would be much easier as would a bulb filler. If you need more info, let me know.

PenWorks

Paul, here is a tray of lever fountain pens Mike is talking about. I bought them off Ebay for 5-25 each. Great for parts & refinishing. I referb the cheap ones and give them to my kids friends so they learn how to write.

Which is another pet peave of mine. Kids go to school 25% of their life and get out and you can't read their chicken scratch [:(!]

Mike, since you restore pens, the material on the left in the first two fountains, can this be had anywhere? I would love to make a large fountain out of that stuff. Anthony

20041215153324_DSC00990.jpg

Fred in NC

Anthony, but the kids are very proficient at video games. I guess grammar and spelling are not important anymore. Bless your heart for helping kids!

PenWorks

Fred, your right about the video games. But our education system teaches some crap in schools, I don't know who would use in the real world. I know the keyboard has replaced the pen, but my goodness, I sware some of these kids can barely make an X ! My sons both went from High School to my office, they were not college material, my daughter got all the smart genes. I must have crumbled up at least 500 messages from them and beaned them in head with it telling them, don't put something on my desk I can't read. and you know, they finally got it. Oh, about the spelling, I will let that slide, I was never good at it. Anthony

Fred in NC

Well Anthony, what can I say! This forum is good practice for writing ...[:D]

The way things are going, in the future we might be making custom WOOD KEYBOARDS ..... I hope the kits will be available soon !!! [:eek:)]

paulg

I guess strictly nostalgic. They look nice too. I am not a collector, but I was under the impression that collectors preferred those over the traditional "cartridege"pens. I like the idea of refurbishing older pens though.

Thanks for the feedback

Originally posted by penworks
<br />Hey Paul, Eagle is just on a rampage over to many forums, LOL, which is another topic alltogeter. Just click on the "MORE" next to latest posts, and becomes a little easier to follow some threads. There are no lever kits out there. So you are on your own to design and make it. What is your reasoning other than nostalgic? I have been looking at my lever pens and thinking on how many nice barrels I would ruin trying to cut & fasten that lever in there. I have a hard enough time talking clients into buying converters and bottle ink over using the cartridges. But if any one knows how, I would listen. Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom