Shows

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike 53

I'm wanting to do some shows but not to sure how many pens to make. I know there's no certain number of how many to make but would like to get just a ballpark idea.
Thanks
Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
What is the expected attendance at the shows?

Are they art and craft, craft, weekly market, flea market?

What is the average income of the town or city?

Those are the preliminary questions.

A SIMPLE answer--if you have over 200, it's a pretty good selection, but few start there!!

Sabaharr

Whatever you have it is a sure bet that the one you make tomorrow would have sold yesterday if you had it then. Put together as big an inventory as you can and start there. DO Have a nice orderly display. DO have scratch pads for the customers to try out the pens. DO Keep an eye on everyone that picks up a pen. DO Have a credit card reader for your smart phone. (impules buying, take advantage). DON'T Drop your price just to make a sale, get what your work is worth. DON'T Be shocked when you are told you are nuts to ask that much for a pen (it will happen). "I can get a pen at Wal Mart for a quarter" "Yes mam you can. And I can get a car at the city dump but that doesn't mean I will be proud to drive it and show it off to my friends". You are selling custom, one-of-a-kind handcrafted work. DON'T sell yourself short.

SDB777

Whatever you have it is a sure bet that the one you make tomorrow would have sold yesterday if you had it then. Put together as big an inventory as you can and start there. DO Have a nice orderly display. DO have scratch pads for the customers to try out the pens. DO Keep an eye on everyone that picks up a pen. DO Have a credit card reader for your smart phone. (impules buying, take advantage). DON'T Drop your price just to make a sale, get what your work is worth. DON'T Be shocked when you are told you are nuts to ask that much for a pen (it will happen). "I can get a pen at Wal Mart for a quarter" "Yes mam you can. And I can get a car at the city dump but that doesn't mean I will be proud to drive it and show it off to my friends". You are selling custom, one-of-a-kind handcrafted work. DON'T sell yourself short.

Some one needs to put this in a 'List Format', and then pin it to the top of this sub-forum! I'll be whacking that "LIKE" button for this!

Well said!

Scott (the city dump.....hehehe) B

Cindylee

As many as you can without breaking the bank then add a dozen to it. Lol. Good luck on your first show. Hope you catch the bug also!

Top Bottom