Showing Off !!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I just saw Mackc put some sierra pens up for show on a display rack. I have seen thousands of pens shown here for display. As I look at them all and marvel I was wondering why some people show the pens with the clips facing us all the time??? Is that the best side to show or a matter of personel taste??? I would think and I have not made enough pens to be able to answer this but when I do get to that part I want to be able to do the right thing, you would want to show the best side of the pen or at least canter the clip somewhat. Is my thinking off base here??

Also when putting a pen together what determines where the clip goes??? Is it to highlight a great part of the blank or to cover up a bad part of the blank.

I bet both these questions are a personal choice thing but would like to hear opinions. Thanks for the replys.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

I would never, never, never, ever, ever in a hunnerdt million years ever even THINK of using the clip to hide something on the barrel........ (unless I had to). :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

fiferb

If there is a highlight or significant grain pattern to highlight, I place the clip so that the highlighted portion can be seen when the user is holding it in their hand as if they were writing. Does that make sense?

GouletPens

When i'm selling a pen online (premade) I like to show it from all different angles that way everyone's happy. Esp. with burls and acrylics, the piece can look vastly different on one side or the other, so I take a picture of at least each side. Sometimes I feel like I'm a photographer more than a pen turner.....:tongue:

Top Bottom