Show me your g2 click pens please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I have a friend who is in love with the pilot g2 and would like a click pen and is requesting light weight.

Have you done this and have a pic?

The faceted top of the Parker refill is necessary for the click mech right?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

I don't have any pics, but you could always go kitless and use the click mech from Richard Greenwald. You won't find a better click mech and you can use any refill you want with it.

Dan Masshardt

I don't have any pics, but you could always go kitless and use the click mech from Richard Greenwald. You won't find a better click mech and you can use any refill you want with it.

I'm interested in this but feel like if need some more guidance with which parts to get from him.

sbell111

It seems that most any single-barrel click pen could be converted by simply lengthening the tube and perhaps opening up the nib end a small bit.

sbell111

It seems that most any single-barrel click pen could be converted by simply lengthening the tube and perhaps opening up the nib end a small bit.

Don't some of the mechanisms on stock kits require the part of top of the Parker refill?
Good question. I don't think that any of the mechanisms actually engage the cog-like thing at the top of a parker refill, but the refills do seat in the bottom of the mechanism. Some of the mechanism ends may be too small for the G2 refill to seat. Not an insurmountable obstacle, but a solution may make a longish pen longer.

A while back, someone posted comparison pics of the different click mechanisms. These may reveal which pen styles that this hack would be able to be pulled off the easiest.

BSea

Since you're requesting light weight, I'm going to point back to the kitless click that Jonathon, Lenny & Hans are talking about.

This is a really easy kitless pen to make. You can use a cigar nib, or a long click nib, and not have to turn a nib.

These pens are really fun to make, and there is not a better mechanism that I know of. It's all metal with few moving parts. I have made several, and had 1 go through the washer twice. It still works perfectly.

Oh, and since it doesn't need a brass tube, it's lighter than most other click pens. Of course that still depends on the material you use, and how much material thickness that you leave.

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

Thanks for the input guys.

I didn't mention it but this pen needs to be wood. Well it can have a different material at the top prob. I may try this direction.

BSea

Dan, the pen that's my avatar is a kitless click. I used a different mechanism that required a custom button (part number 10279). But it's mostly wood. I used a long clicker nib & clip. And because it was wood, I used a 3/8" tube. And there wasn't any threading required because the mechanism was a press/glue in mechanism. And I guess there's really no reason that the other click mechanisms need to be treaded into the body. They could just as easily be glued in as long as you use the fitting on the long clicker that allows for the nib to be screwed on.

I hope all that made sense.

lwalper

I've been wondering about how to do that as well. This is all quite interesting. I'm going to have to start looking for parts. I've played with some pencils, but a pen would be nice.

Last edited:

orbit308

BSea

Both Brooks803 and Hans (Hewunch on IAP)
Have made them and shown them here before ... Check out Han's article in the library ... http://content.penturners.org/library/pens/kitlessclickpen.pdf

For those who have done similar kitless pens, how do your replace the refill? Do you use a screw on nib or unscrew the click mech. ? I am working on a kitless, but I'm debating on the nib due to the refills.
In the tutorial, you can unscrew the nib, or the click mechanism itself. And I've used both a cigar nib and coupling, and a long clicker nib and coupling. Any of the above methods will work by unscrewing the nib to change the refill.

Top Bottom