Show me your...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DurocShark

Ponderosa pine!

Please?

Anybody done a pen in pine?

I'm making commemorative pens for a VW Bus campout: Parking In The Pines. And the native pines in that area are almost all Ponderosa.

Just curious what's been done with pine on pens. (Why can't they all be walnut or steelehead or something?)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rdunn12

I did this pen a while back out of pine.It is'nt Ponderosa Pine,it is southern yellow if I remember correctly.

knottypine.jpg

hrigg

I did this Atlas awhile back. It has a blue hue from the fungus that grows in pine. If it isn't Ponderosa, it's Lodgepole, which are the only two kinds we have around here.

blue_pine.jpg

I've got a Streamline on the lathe now that doesn't have the blue tint.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Here's a set of 3 in a coniferous wood of some sort, possibly pine.

attachment.jpg

2 friends & myself went to one of the friends island retreat in Northern Ontario for 8 days.

The 2 twists and 1 click are mementos of our time spent at Wood Camp and are turned from a tree we fell while up there.

Attachments

• 1 Wood Camp 2008 007 (Medium).jpg
    1 Wood Camp 2008 007 (Medium).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 248
S

spiritwoodturner

Boy, Don, if we could make anything approaching treasure from Ponderosa Pine, we'd be bazillionaires! I've got a 70 footer in my back yard. I don't see why you couldn't make them, they're just kinda boring. Not as much going on as some of the Eastern and Southern pines, like the one above (beautiful, Ronald!). Try a few. It's not like it will cost you anything to try it!!! Come over here and you can have all you want-heck, it's not even that good for heating!

Dale

DurocShark

Heh. I was thinking about taking some knotty branches from one of the trees around here. At least there'd be SOME figure.

I'll be decaling them with the logo I created for the campout (waiting for its approval by the guys running it) so a plain-ish blank isn't too horrible.

S

spiritwoodturner

Where you guys going? I USED to have a VW bus, does that get me in?!

Dale

Top Bottom