shopsmith

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

clem

does any one know what taper a shopsmith would take for a drill chuck
what side is used for boring in the lathe operation and what end is used to hold the piece to be bored clem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wicook

I think the Shopsmith uses a #1 taper for the tailstock (I use my Shopsmith all the time -- but I don't remember for sure what size it is). I use the Shopsmith drill chuck that mounts to the head.

GregD

Clem,
I don't have a shopsmith but normally the part to be drilled is held in a chuck on the headstock and the drill bit is held in the tailstock.

KenV

My shopsmith is 5/8 round headstock and #2 MT where the fixed "tailstock" mounting is at. The Shopsmith has a mobile headstock. Most drilling is done as a "horizntal drill press" using the saw table as a platform. There are a photos in the photo section for jigs for the drilling.

The tail stock housing is an excentric bushing held in the end housing. There is no movement as the end housing is literally pinned into the leg housing.

KenV

jwoodwright has a good jig in his photo album. John posts here frequently and I expect he will answer questions about his jig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom