Shop Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jd99

Made a Shop Pencil fo myself today, and I used a free sample of worthless wood that Chris (justturning) sent me in a batch of blanks I got from him.

Turned out ok I had a broblem with the PR catching again but this time it didn't cause any problems (Mental Note# Change to scraper to turn edges of PR and Acrylc's):redface:

Here are the Pics. :cool:

Thanks Chris for the blank, :biggrin:.

Attachments

• Pencil1.jpg
    Pencil1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Pencil-2.jpg
    Pencil-2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 200
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Flaturner

Worthless?

That is a pretty nice looking shop pencil for being made from a worthless blank. Well executed!

BSea

That's a great shop pencil. I think the worthless wood blank is looks great. I love my shop pencil. I think it was my 4th or 5th pen (I need to look at my list). I use it all the time. I also made my Dad one from a piece of pecan that came from his back yard.

Justturnin

Danny,
That shop pencil looks great. I am glad you were able to use your blank, they are still in the trial and error phase.

About the shop pencil, is this your first? I ask becasue I have been thinking about it but wonder how much it would get used. I keep about 20 wooden pencils floating around my shop and any given point.

jd99

Danny,
About the shop pencil, is this your first? I ask becasue I have been thinking about it but wonder how much it would get used. I keep about 20 wooden pencils floating around my shop and any given point.

I do the same thing have pencils all over the place, had this pencil kit for a while and decided I would put it to use with your blank.

It remains to be seen if I can hang on to it in my trips around the shop or not, I think because of the weight and the fact I can retract the point I can put it in my pocket. Don't put a sharpened pencil in your pocket.... DAMHIKT. :redface:

Top Bottom