Shooting Star

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

Trying to come up with a star shape and this is the best attempt sofar with my limited router bit assortment. Something like this might make an interesting BS but I have not tried one to date.

200510251245_star.jpg

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Ron in Drums PA
<br />I agree, lets see the whole thing!!

Don't have a picture of the whole thing just one on a pen stand I made several years ago for another pen. Remember this is a work in progress and not "Show off your pens" so you get what you paid for:

2005102522659_star3.jpg
<br />

Does the nib section add that much to the star shape I was trying to show?

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by Darley
<br />Chuckie did you use an indexing plate? could try 5 point star, nice pen BTW what kind of wood is that?

Yes, I used an indexing plate. I have an 8 division and a 24 division plate so neither of these would work without modification. I used a protractor and marked off 5 72 degree segments on the 8 division plate and drilled new holes for use in making the star.

The wood is Birdseye Maple. I would call it crosscut birdseye maple.

Chuckie

alamocdc

Originally posted by Chuck Key
<br />
Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />What's a BS?

BS = Bottle Stopper

Chuckie
DUH!!! And I turn 'em. [B)] I just couldn't pull it outta my head. At least I knew it wasn't Band Saw! [:p] I agree, Chuck, that would make a cool BS! Make sure you post one when you try it!

chigdon

That is excellent. The only thing I am wondering is does the clip really work on it? It looks buried. I could see doing a clipless pen with this design. Maybe a clipless solid body with it flaring on both sides. It would sit well on a desk with the facets. Very nice and unique!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom