Shipping the 50 Cal Bullet Pen internationally?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

joefrog

Hey guys, I have a question -- do any of you ship your pens internationally? I've had a few international orders for the big brass 50 cal bullet pens, but I don't want to ship something prohibited and get myself in hot water.

Some restrictions listed as prohibited "imitation munitions."

Advice? Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Check with the PO, UPS or whoever you are going to be using as the shipper. Ask if an "INERT" declaration would suffice. Also consider shipping with the two parts of the pen (the .50 cal casing , and the tip or turned bullet) separated. If x-rayed, it would show the components, but not a full up round.

Sylvanite

Several countries ban the import of "ammunition components" (e.g. brass and bullets). When shipping internationally, I include an affidavit stating that bullets and shellcases have been drilled out and are not usable for making ammunition. Nevertheless, some customs inspectors will confiscate anything that looks too realistic. For example, Australia seized a shipment that included a 2nd Amendment pen kit - even though the 30-06 case and bullet were completely drilled through with a tube, transmission, and refill installed. I expect that a 50 BMG pen would be even more troublesome, especially if the case is undrilled.

I warn my international customers that I cannot be responsible for the actions of their country's import inspectors nor for duties imposed.

I hope that helps,
Eric

Wingdoctor

I have shipped 50 cal. pens with real drilled bullets and fired primers to England and Australia without any problems. They were made with components purchased from Sylvanite.

Top Bottom