shell casing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jlmort1980

Anyone know who has the best shell casing kits???? I bought some and just recieved them (wont state name) and I am very disatisfied with them. Wondering if anyone else has bought any that they are happy with?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

If I were unhappy with any thing just received, I would contact that vendor and ask for help/explanation. Before I bought any bullet pen kits, I think I would look into kitless bullet pens. Just my $0.02 today.
Charles

Sylvanite

If there's something wrong with the kits, then by all means contact the seller. I don't think you bought from me, but give the seller a chance to make it right. If anybody isn't happy with my cartridge kits, I'll do my best to satisfy them.

Regards,
Eric

jlmort1980

I have contacted the seller and it is being worked out. But I was just wondering who all have used them and from where and if they where happy or not.

its_virgil

What exactly do you mean when you say "shell casing kits?" Do you mean those sold by the major retailers? Or, do you mean those sold by individuals that are made from real shell cases with or without lead bullets? There is a big difference between those replicas sold by the major retailers and those sold by individuals using real parts. Being a bit more specific may get you some you some specific help.

Eric has posted in this thread and sells quality shell case kits and parts. I have used his and will again. I also have used the kits sold by http://www.beartoothwoods.com and will use them again. I am talking about the kits using real shell cases and bullets and not the replica kits.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Anyone know who has the best shell casing kits????

jlmort1980

Yes I am talking REAL shell casing kits. The replicas dont even look real to me.....

What exactly do you mean when you say "shell casing kits?" Do you mean those sold by the major retailers? Or, do you mean those sold by individuals that are made from real shell cases with or without lead bullets? There is a big difference between those replicas sold by the major retailers and those sold by individuals using real parts. Being a bit more specific may get you some you some specific help.

Eric has posted in this thread and sells quality shell case kits and parts. I have used his and will again. I also have used the kits sold by http://www.beartoothwoods.com and will use them again. I am talking about the kits using real shell cases and bullets and not the replica kits.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Anyone know who has the best shell casing kits????

JerrySambrook

Could you explain what is wrong with them?

Many times if a person is using a case directly from the package, the case will appear "granular" on the outside, but with smooth out after shooting/resizing.
If you are getting ridges or dents, it is probably a cse that came from a semi-automatic, especially a service rifle configuration firearm. Some of the semis also have a fluted chamber (foreign to US) which will cause longitudinal ribbing which aids in extraction as well, and does not easily come out with resizing again.

There are a few reasons to be have a case that is not perfect, and many times they look better not being perfect

navycop

Is it possible to make "bullet pens" out of other shells besides the regular 30 and 50 caliber, shotgun, etc.? I have a police officer friend that mentioned it would be nice to have one out of a 9mm or 38. Also 7.62. I guess you would have to find a refill to fit.

lorbay

Why don't you make your own, they are pretty easy using a slim line copper kit. Or I can show you if you PM me.

Lin.

Sylvanite

Is it possible to make "bullet pens" out of other shells besides the regular 30 and 50 caliber, shotgun, etc.?
It certainly is possible. I've made pens from a variety of calibers, from 223 Rem to 50 BMG (including 7.62x39mm and 7.62x51mm NATO). I haven't made a shotshell or handgun caliber cartridge pen myself, but I've seen it done. The biggest problem (in my view) with 9x19mm and 38 Special (et. al.) calibers is that the shape of the bullet used doesn't lend itself to a pen nib. The pens I've seen made used a rifle bullet in a pistol case - which just doesn't look right to me. I've long planned to make a pen with a handgun cartridge at the finial end, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Regards,
Eric

Top Bottom