Shelf life of a refill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I know the answer is always put a new refill in a pen, but what is the shelf life of a rollerball refill? Yesterday I sent off my first batch of pens to a store, A mid range assortment and the owner would like to try some higher end pens to see how they do. To me that means rollerball pens. It wouldn't look good for either of us if a pen quit working just after somebody bought it. He bought the first batch and would like 2 better ($75 to 150 retail) on consignment. I'm fine with the deal I just want to make sure the customers are happy.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Which refill, the one that came with it (Hauser) or no-name, or Schmidt or something else?

Leave the cap on the refill and ship it separate from the pen. (JMO)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Schmidt will be pretty good (months, in my experience). But, if you don't put them in the pen, they last until you take their cap off, I believe.

I have stopped putting refills in any of my pens. But, then, they used to sit for a few weeks, then I expected them to work for shows. They did not understand this plan, and frequently cost me sales, until I made every pen come NEW with a NEW refill. This approach has sold pens for me.

tim self

Thanks for posting the question and for the revelation Ed. I had not thought about leaving the refills out. But then I do try to scribble with each when I go to a show.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for posting the question and for the revelation Ed. I had not thought about leaving the refills out. But then I do try to scribble with each when I go to a show.

With nearly 600 pens with me, I find the scribbling took me into the last day of a four day show. But then I have no where NEAR the scribbling Experience of Doctor Cavanaugh--he scribbles for a living!!! (prescriptions, Cav)

Top Bottom