Shapeshifter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Phunky_2003

Doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to make something like that. Seems to be outragous to me as far as the price.

James

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
While it does seem pretty heavily priced and relatively easy to make, I say we give the guy a break. We have had loads of discussions where the 'big guy' has copied something that someone made and sold them. We've always said that doing that was crappy. Let's not stoop to that level.
I think if you have the kit to make one then good luck to you, but just make one for yourself. Same thing for the Pendant Backer Plate:wink:

juteck

Ken Grunke with the Coulee Region Woodturners used to make these -- I'm not sure if he still does or not. I remember seeing discussions on them either on WoodCentral or the World of Woodturners. Check the AAW website for the link to the Coulee Region Woodturners, and you should be able to find Ken's contact info there as board member or webmaster if I remember correctly. Again, not sure if he still makes them, and what he charged.

sailing_away

If he no longer makes them, perhaps he might not mind someone else making them. I'll see if I can find his contact info. If someone else manages to get a hold of him, please send me a PM.

Top Bottom