Setting up a kid to turn pens on a budget

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

More good info. Thanks. So "Woodcraft" is a store name. I was thinking everybody was just talking about any store that sold woodworking supplies. Don't know where one is locally. I'll have to see how to find out if we have a good place. I'm sure in Atlanta somewhere, but I don't get down the much. Jbo
I'm sure you'll be fine in Atlanta finding places. But home improvement stores won't be much help for pen stuff

Woodcraft is a chain of franchises. If you sign up for the local stores email they may send you a 10% off coupon.

Also, getting in their list will give you a coupon for your birthday month.

Last edited:

Drb007

I agree with Dan about the caution of $$$. My daughter turns 3-5 days a week and has been doing so for the last year. I was a bit surprised at how much I spent to get started. My dad loaned up his Jet mini lathe and I still spent hundreds on all the little things. Since then I have purchased two lathes of our own. However, she is definitely sticking with this, so now the costs are mostly covered by her profits in selling her stuff. Teaches her how to balance her books:)

On the other hand, my dad's neighbor went with the HF lathe and I bet he has less than $300 in his set up.

One thing I didn't see on anyone's list...micro polishing pads. Let's you get a MUCH better finish on anything you turn. Worth the money!!

Top Bottom