Servicemen Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ctubbs

I finally managed to gather myself together to finish off 54 more pens for our servicemen and women. If you remember back a couple of months or so, I asked where I could get the best price on 50 slims for this project. No sooner than it hit the page but Ed Brown (no kin to Jeff Brown) made me an offer I tried to refuse but he would hear nothing of it. He and Dawn donated all 50 kits to me. Yes, you heard right, FREE, that is F-R-E-E! They even refused to accept payment for postage.

Well now, that meant I had to get to work. Find wood, cut blanks rough, dry said blanks, cut to correct size once dry and start turning, finishing and assembling. For me, doing one offs, going into production was a new experience. Well, they are finally done and along with what I sent out to Gary last October, this makes 100 for me.

Now when you see the photo, yo may notice some tubes of paper. These are actually pens that I already wrapped before I thought of the photo. If you look closely, you may see the nib on one end and the clip cap on the other.
I must thank Ed of Exotic Blanks for his generosity. Also, even though I was not the recepiant of them, Smitty also made donations to other turners. With Ed's 125 and Smitty's, I believe 100 or so, that should be a good beginning on a whole pile of pens for Gary to send out.
Charles

Attachments

• 54 Servicemen Pens.jpg
    54 Servicemen Pens.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 204
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nice Job, Charles.

Good to see more pens go to Gary!!!

Let's all try to "Turn a few for the troops" and get them to GARY!!!! Help him hit his 5000!!!

jttheclockman

Charles great job with those and for a great cause. Thanks also for the donations by the otherr members to help yu in your quest. You deserve a break now so sit back and relax abit. Nice work. :)

MorganGrafixx

Sir, as a former US Marine, it truly makes me happy to see so many folks willing to sacrifice their time and money to do a good deed for those who put themselves in harms way. Trust me, I speak from personal experience, getting a package while you are far away from home, even something as simple as a pen or magazine or pack of smokes, is one of the great highlights of your month! These pens are going to make A LOT of Marines, Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen very happy! Thanks to everyone who got in on this!

wizard

Charles, You are truly an amazing individual when it comes to your generosity of time, the most precious commodity in life. It is individuals like you and Ed and Smitty that demonstrate the qualities of altruism that are an inspiration to us all. You have inspired me to follow in your footsteps...Warm Regards, Doc

Edward Cypher

Outstanding!!! Thanks for supporting our Men and Women of the Armed Forces!!! My daughter will be there soon and she comes from a long line of servicemen.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Good job Charles

Very Generous of you to put in so much time for such a great cause. I'm a Navy Vet (from the days of wooden ships and iron men) and I know how much service men and women appreciate the home folks remembering they're out there.

ctubbs

Smitty, do not downgrade your part of this. With your and Ed's very kind donations to the cause, our out put was much less in moneys. On my first group of 46, you sold me 30 kits at cost. That helped a lot. I've been on unemployment since October so what you and Ed did made it much lighter on me. All I had to do was cut some wood and make a whole pile of shavings.
As far as Morgan's statement, you wonderful people spend days and years away from family. My few hours can't even hold a candle for you. All the thanks go your way. Me, I just sit safely here at home thanks to you and all your brothers and sisters.
Charles

Top Bottom