Service pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

loydstuts

Here are some pens I took to the local recruiting station and gave to the Army recruiters. Now time to take care of the Air Force, Navy, and Marines!!

Attachments

• DSC_0743.jpg
    DSC_0743.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 278
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jim Burr

Banned
Thank you Loyd!!! I received a pen in 1998, still have it and it has a proud place on our desk. God bless your effort and giving; first hand...it is one of the top 10 things to have "In country" or state-side. Seven...marines are always under the Navy...need a ride from someone!!

Last edited:

Culprit

On 09 August, 1876, the Secratary of the Navy established that U. S. Marines shall be given the place of honor in all Naval Formations: "first on foot and right of the line."

loydstuts

On 09 August, 1876, the Secratary of the Navy established that U. S. Marines shall be given the place of honor in all Naval Formations: "first on foot and right of the line."

I sure didn't mean to deride or otherwise diminish the importance of the mission of the US Marines, or any other branch of our armed services. I merely listed the branches in alphabetical order. Army got the first pens because they were the ones in the office. As a retired Air Force MSgt, I guess I should have waited for the airdog to be in his office:).

For all of you veterans of ALL branches of the military, THANK YOU for the sacrifices you made to serve our country.

I have been remiss in not acknowledging GaryMGg for the gift of the blanks used to make the pens.

Even though the ground pounders were first, I won't forget the squids, jarheads or flyboys!

God bless you all!!

Culprit

Loydstuts,

Please, please, please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't poking at you at all. What you're doing is awesome, and I thank you for it. I should make more time to do that myself.

My post was only meant as playful banter with Jim Burr and Studioseven - and also a bit of historical trivia. Not directed at you at all.

Please, keep up the great work!

Jim Burr

Banned
Loydstuts,

Please, please, please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't poking at you at all. What you're doing is awesome, and I thank you for it. I should make more time to do that myself.

My post was only meant as playful banter with Jim Burr and Studioseven - and also a bit of historical trivia. Not directed at you at all.

I caught it Josh...always loved giving a ride to you guys...no way you can swim with all that gear :wink::biggrin:

loydstuts

Loydstuts,

No offence taken. I wanted to be sure that I didn't offend anyone. I truly enjoy making the pens, in fact, my wife is making them to. Gotta get my Shopsmith up and running! It's tough getting lathe time around here!!

Top Bottom