Serious Trouble

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdat

I just took a pen turning class, now I'm wondering how much I can get away with spending on this part of my turning "hobby".
jt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodscavenger

Hope your credit rating is good! You can go cheap or hog wild. It really depends on how many other tools you already have. You can get a reasonable lathe and set of mini tools but you have to consider how you will cut and drill the blanks........the saga continues.....

thetalbott4

If you go ask your wife you will never get started. It's easier to ask forgivness than permission. Besides, once she's done scolding you, you can go out to theshop and turn a pen.[B)]

cdat

My wife loved the pen I made "just for her". I'm already trying to figure out where I can put the lathe in my workshop. Yes, I am trying to talk her into taking the pen turning class, maybe, just maybe I can buy "her" a lathe. [:D]

wayneis

Show her some of the pens here that have made us money and get her hooked right along with you In fact at the end of my album is an Emperor made from imitation stone that made me $150.00, showing her a few like that may help your cause.

Wayne

stilgar

Spread your purchases out and keep a messy workshop. Whenever she comes in, make a lot of sawdust. Then she will not notice the tools or the tons of blanks.[}:)]

kgwaugh

Originally posted by stilgar
<br />Spread your purchases out and keep a messy workshop. Whenever she comes in, make a lot of sawdust. Then she will not notice the tools or the tons of blanks.[}:)]

Man in my case, there is more truth to this than even I want to admit!!!

Gene

Charles

Welcome to the maddnes and IAP, Great to have you!!
I agree with all the responses above. I took my wife and we took the pen class together, way back, Then bought "her" turning tools after purchasing the lathe. She kids me about this now since she doesn't come into the shop much. But, showing her that money can be made and Christmas gifts are covered allows her to over look some of the expenditures. But, I agree with some others. Buy stuff, use it, and ask for forgiveness when she happens into the shop or show her what you have made and then she is sure to ask how you did it and then drop it on her you HAD to have yada yada to do it. This helps alot. GOOD LUCK
and again welcome, looking forward to seeing your work!!

pete00

cdat
welcome... sorry i cant add too much more than above.... its all great advice.
I am completely upfront about what i buy AFTER "she" finds it.

just remember to say... yes dear... i wont buy any more......no dear i dont want the kids to go without food.... yes dear im listening to you......yes dear 400 blanks are enough....no dear i wont trade the kids for kits anymore......

Take a look at this link.......
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom