Selling inventory

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

avbill

Just did a analysis of the selling stock for the last two years. I'm sective in what I show

Jr sold 45.8 % includes statement gent Retro Venus
Electra sold 8.3 %
Cigar sold 16.6 %
Sierra sold 25 % includes i-pad sierra Elegant & AEro
Sedona sold 4.2 total is 99.9 %

I did this just to fine tune what I need for next year inventory.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Good data there. You can use it to augment and adjust your inventory pretty easily. What are your usual venues?

I am a data tramp. I think it would be great to see this break down from different folks in different parts of the country and different venues. Purely for curiosity of course.

On the other hand I can also see how this could be considered business business not community business. For example, I will not tell other storage businesses my data.

gbpens

Be careful with any given years data being used for next years projections. The whims of the buying public can play havoc with our statistics. While the "numbers" may give us comfort, reality has a way of humbling us. Also, consider filling any gaps in your overall offering and keep an open mind. While we are our own worst critics we tend to have a limited outlook. Others see things we do not.

Last edited:

triw51

I am new but I notice it is the wood that sells. I had two mesa's, a cigar and two Jr. gents that sold because they were made from mesquite burl. Then he asked me if I had more mesquite pens. So should you include wood/finish in your sales calculations?

avbill

There are many different way you can build data. I was looking at what kits were selling. to look at for ordering next year supplies.

I could do it for the material I used for the blank also I sell less that 1% of wood and the only wood I show in Burls and Historic woods.

mrmartyking

There are Jr Gents that are 2 piece pens (with removeable cap) and there are ballpoint twist mechanisms. Are you referring to the 2 piece or the ballpoint? And some removeable caps are postable and some are not. What do people prefer (if this is the pen you are takling about)?
Thanks

Top Bottom