selling

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

AnachitlPut

i was wounder how is the best way to sell pens over the internet? or should i try my local woodcraftstore? i have three pens i need to sell.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Are they pens you've made or pens you've purchased and now wish to sell? Ebay is a good place to reach out to the masses and try to sell them. If they're made by you, Etsy is a good place to sell online as they specially in providing a similar venue as Ebay but more specifically for hand made or vintage items.

Luke, the "market" we sell to is somewhat limited. Most people do not want to spend more than $1 on a pen and they would rather have it for free. The internet is a big place with lots of competition so that would not be the best place to start. I would start with family, friends, school teachers, etc. You might have to give some away to get the word out about your new found hobby. Sorry but the movie phrase " If you build it, they will come." does not hold true for selling pens.

AnachitlPut

i have sold some to famliy and friends and i gave some away. i know were you are coming from i am working on that but i just need to sell these three pens as soon as i can. ( they are going to help pay for the lathe i need)

76winger

Do you know anyone selling at Art/Craft fairs that might be willing to assist you in getting them in front of people? I would suggest you do that yourself, but if you've only got three to sell, setting up your own table probably isn't the best option.

AnachitlPut

i don't know any one but i am going to a meating this week so we will see. what do you think on pricing? i sold two for about 50 bucks each. the kit i used on them is the douple heart twist pen( it cost 7 dollors and the wood was all free.) the pens are made out of bocot, airo matic cedar, and cocobolo.

Top Bottom