segmenting ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wickford

Howdy all,

Been trying my hand at segmenting for a while and I'm looking for some new ideas...So far I've tried most of the tutorials that I've found on the web, and I'm getting pretty good (IMO of course!) but I'm looking for something new to try...Any suggestions??

I've done herringbone, celtic knots, thin veneer curves, "morning after", and small segments turned slightly swirling up the pen body...

If anyone has some new ideas or tutorials, suggestions would be most appreciated!! As I said, I'm still learning this whole segmenting thing and I'd like to expand my horizons...

Thanks!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rlharding

Come up with your own ideas and see how they work. Look at patterns around you and replicate, or try and replicate. Let us know what you come up with.....and how about posting some of the seg pens you have made?:)

stevebuk

i like the sound of what you have been doing wickford, but when i went to view these masterpieces in your photo's, there are only very small pictures of them, any bigger pics for a newbie to oggle over. And could you point me in the right direction to some of the tutorials you looked at.
many thanks
steve

wickford

Sorry about the small pics in my album! I'm still learning all this photo stuff on the web. I'll try and get them in there a little bigger...As for the tutorials...I got some from the library at this site, and some from books (Barry Gross has a great pen turning book), and magazines (woodturning design). Also, got some from the internet. Do a google search for segmented pens. I think that's how I found them...

Guess I'll have to try and put on my "creative cap" (if I can find it!) and see if I can come up with a design of my own...If I come up with something, I'll certainly post pics of the finished products...!!!

Top Bottom