Segmenting

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

moke

As I was replacing some cheap-o mini blinds for the SWMBO...I wondered if anyone had used any mini-blind pieces for segmenting. Even the new thicker ones that had to have some slats taken out looked like they might work well.

Which brought to mind, beside the pop cans, pick guard, and plywood edging what else do people use here?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

As I was replacing some cheap-o mini blinds for the SWMBO...I wondered if anyone had used any mini-blind pieces for segmenting. Even the new thicker ones that had to have some slats taken out looked like they might work well.

Which brought to mind, beside the pop cans, pick guard, and plywood edging what else do people use here?

old credit cards, gift cards, veneers, metal stock of all kinds.............

IF you think you can glue it in and turn it round, give it a try and tell us what you find. :biggrin:

moke

I really don't think I could pry a credit card away from the little woman, but inside a pen would be a great place to hide them!!! Thanks Mike....

snyiper

Credit cards, copper pipe split and flattened, aluminum cans, roof flashing, Different color plastic folders and have used leather.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I have used rolls of edgebanding. THey come about 7/8of an inch wide and in several colors in the pvc material. Get the non glued type if you do try it. They also sell wood edgebanding in a lot of standard woods. Oak, Maple, mahogany. walnut etc. YOu can find some on ebay of course. Or Cabinet supply company will have them.

moke

I have used rolls of edgebanding. THey come about 7/8of an inch wide and in several colors in the pvc material. Get the non glued type if you do try it. They also sell wood edgebanding in a lot of standard woods. Oak, Maple, mahogany. walnut etc. YOu can find some on ebay of course. Or Cabinet supply company will have them.

Awesome!!! Thanks

JasonJ

+1 on the aluminum flashing
I just found a three pack of plastic clipboards at Sams club on Blairsferry Rd. One each of black, red, and blue. All about the same thickness as my tablesaw blade. I've only used the black so far, but it made an excellent splice.

Top Bottom