See ya my friends

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rogerwaskow

Moderator's note: If you read further through this thread, you will see that the post below was the result of someone fooling around with this member's account. The message below is not real. I am leaving this thread up so that folks will see the concern and compassion that is IAP!

It has been good on nthis site. I don't know where to place it but this is a see you down under somewhere. I have lost it all. Lost the will to make pens and lost the will to live,

Take care and don't go the way I did. War and fighting it not worth it. I fought the border war for a bit. Now I lost.:rain:Goodbuy

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
What looks terrible in the present is just a bump in the road in the rear view mirror.

Please seek help!!

Australia Hotlines

Befrienders International Australia
175 Lilydale Road
Chidlow
WA 6556

The Samaritans, Subiaco
60 Bagot Road
Subiaco
PERTH
Contact by: Face to Face - Phone - Letter: - Email:
Hotline: 08 93 81 5555
Hotline: Youthline: 08 93 88 2500
Hotline: Freecall Countryline: 1800 198 313
Hotline: TTY: 08 93 82 8822
24 Hour service:

Lifelink Samaritans
PO Box 228
LAUNCESTON
Tasmania
Contact by: Face to Face - Phone
Hotline: 03 63 31 3355
E-mail Helpline: lifelinksam@intas.net.au
24 Hour service:

Samaritans of Albany, WA
PO Box 991
WA 6330
ALBANY
Western Australia
Contact by: - Phone - Letter:
Hotline: 08 98 422776
24 Hour service:

Lifeline Australia
National
Contact by: - Phone
Hotline: 13 11 14
24 Hour service:

Last edited:
Len
You did the absolutely correct thing to do.
Rogers wording leaves one to think that well the worst was at hand.

OR he has a very sick and twisted sense of humor. HOWEVER it is far far wiser to error on the side to save a fellow human being than to think otherwise.

rogerwaskow

He fought a horrific war. South West Africa/Angola. Found him dead this afternoon. He was a great man. Loved his pens. Gave away heaps. Never mentioned any thing. Quite but achieved a lot.

He will be missed on the ISLAND.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I contacted the police in Australia, to get them to do a well being check on this man. It may not have been the right thing to do, but it's the only thing I could think of doing that might help or stop what seems to be going on in this message. Hopefully they find him and things are alright.
Len

Thanks for doing this, Len.

I'd love to figure out what's going on here.

joefyffe

Passed Away Aug 19, 2018
In Memoriam
I contacted the police in Australia, to get them to do a well being check on this man. It may not have been the right thing to do, but it's the only thing I could think of doing that might help or stop what seems to be going on in this message. Hopefully they find him and things are alright.
Len

Thanks for doing this, Len.

I'd love to figure out what's going on here.

Jeff: PM sent!

He fought a horrific war. South West Africa/Angola. Found him dead this afternoon. He was a great man. Loved his pens. Gave away heaps. Never mentioned any thing. Quite but achieved a lot.

He will be missed on the ISLAND.

Then who wrote this???
I am under the impression this is some weird prank, and I hope I am right. Or maybe someone can enlight me as to what is really going on?
This is serious stuff.

Last edited:

paintspill

i know theres members here from aus. any chance any of them know him, and maybe haven't seen this yet, maybe some of the members that have been around longer then me might know who they are.

Seer

I was able to find him on facebook and send a message to a lady who has asked him to call her and it appears they are worried as well. If something comes in I will update this.

robutacion

I read the post a few minutes ago and I know this person, not personally but he is one of the guys that directly buys pens blanks from me, the last time I received an email from him was on the 3 September 2012, just over 2 months ago...!

I got all his contact details including a mobile number, of which I rung immediately, only to get a message bank.

I'm in SA and he is in QLD so some time difference but being late 11:30pm) I didn't care...!

I immediately rung the Russel Island Police Station but after many transfers I endup at the QLD Police headquarters. I spoke to a lady and explain the situation and who I was, I was asked to send an email with the IAP thread link and also a copy of the contents of both posts, in case the system rejects the web link.

That was send about 10 minutes ago, and I have request to be advised of any update on the situation so, I'm waiting with lots of concerns and mixed feelings, I only hope that Roger, that I know is a very old fellow, didn't do anything stupid, and that we aren't too damn late, will see...!

I will reporting here the very moment I know of any update...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Russknan

Want to add my thanks to you too, George. As a psychologist, I can confirm that what he has written is of great concern. And people need to step in to see to his safety. Thanks for your persistence in contacting people who can help. Russ

robutacion

Thanks fellows,

I only wish that I had saw it a lot sooner, I'm mad with myself for not checking the IAP new posts, a lot sooner, as I have been seat on the computer since 7:00pm doing all sorts of work that took me a log longer than expected however, I shouldn't feel guilty as I didn't expect any urgent reason to get on IAP any sooner, which I would have, in normal circumstances...!:frown:

I'm most confused about the second post (#9), makes absolutely no sense to me, and some how, I don't think that was someone else writing it, the context and the text construction, are identical to the first post so, if was Roger to write it, what did he meant...???

There was about 90 minutes between the 2 posts, the first is a dramatic way to ask for help, the second is like he is talking about someone else...!

I can only assume at this point, I don't know what the circumstances are, behind his OP but some how, I don't believe that he would be making a sick joke, because if he is, I will kick is a$$...!

We have spoken on the phone a couple of times, these last 2 years or so, I'm not sure of his age but I seem to recall a number mentioned of 76, if I'm not mistaken, could even be 78, just not sure but I believe he his over 70...! He sounded like an "old digger", deep rusty kind of voice, typical of aged smokers.

I'm again, making some simple assumptions from life experience, while I have been impatiently waiting for some news however, I would expect that the local Policeman have visited the address I provided, by now...!

I understand that, my request for an update from the QLD Police headquarters, is not a priority, much more if something "sinister" has taken place...!

I'm about 3.000 miles away so, I can't go for a drive, there is not a lot more I can do so, I better consider to hit the "fart sac" and if I don't get any call in the middle of the night, I will certainly call back, in the morning...!

So, lets hope for the best, peoples...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

PenMan1

When you have lost it all, THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER-NOT WORSE.

This is like struggling through all of life's storms and then giving up just as the sun starts to shine.

Why not give it some time? From your desperate tone, it can't get worse.

ironman123

George and all,

My previous post was not intended as a joke.

I read all previous posts and was confused concerning the situation and the persons wording.

Please do not "misconstrue" my post as joking. I am concerned and pray for the best an d safest outcome. I appreciate your efforts and all that try to help.

Ray

Don't do anything that you will regret.

I still need to figure out what is going on.

Levi Woodard
Woodardwoodworks.com

Sent from my YP-GI1 (Samsung Galaxy player)using Forum Runner

rogerwaskow

Hi all

Someone has been into my computer and wrote some crazy stuff here. I do suffer from PTSD and am on medication. I'v had visits from the police and my facebook page has been compromised. My family has also been in contact with me. This seems to be someone who knows me well. I don't have any intention of suicide etc. Thanks for all the concern and I am investigating this. All my passwords have been changed.
I will keep you posted.
Roger

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I saw this thread earlier today. I honestly hope that this guy is ok and someone is helping him out and his cry for help didn't fall on deaf ears.

Seer

Great bews Roger hope you catch the worm that did this too you. On the bright side look at all the friends you have here. Have a great day mate.
Jerry

Hi all

Someone has been into my computer and wrote some crazy stuff here. I do suffer from PTSD and am on medication. I'v had visits from the police and my facebook page has been compromised. My family has also been in contact with me. This seems to be someone who knows me well. I don't have any intention of suicide etc. Thanks for all the concern and I am investigating this. All my passwords have been changed.
I will keep you posted.
Roger
Depends on what is in your Facebook page too.

whoever it was hope they get an arse rippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom