Security chain for Euro desk set?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

daledut

I don't know if this is the forum this belongs in or not, but here goes.

This weekend I was asked to make a desk set for a hotel counter to advertise my pens. I need to chain the pen to the base. I am using a PSI Designer kit, which is about the same as the Mont Blank or Euro kits that take a cross refill.

I am sure I can adapt one from a chepo chain pen, but I was wondering is there is a chain made to fit on the Euro style pen. I couldn't find any online, but thought I would ask all of you smart folks.

Thanks for your help.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elody21

I have run up against that problem. I hope someone knows where to get one.

Fred in NC

The chain pen has a smaller finial, and fits directly in the brass tube. Not a good fit for an Euro. You could always drill the Euro clip to fit it, I guess.

dougle40

Just a thought for you .
I had someone ask about a full sized pen that would hang from a neck chain and this is what I came up with , he absloutely loved it .
The top is the top part of a key ring kit and it fits perfectly in a 7mm tube .

2005131193135_Neck%20Pen%20crop-1%20-1.jpg
<br />

Fred in NC

Doug's idea is very sound.

If you omit the clip, you can turn the end of the top barrel to a regular 7mm bushing, and then the finial from the key ring kit will fit perfectly.

PenWorks

How about this.......I use the same thing, only without the secure tightening loop. I am not affraid of theft at the several doctors offices I have them, just a friendly reminder it is not theirs.

200513119450_DSC01321.jpg

daledut

I do like Doug's idea, unfortunately I don't have any key chain kits and I am not very patient. I really wanted to get the stand set up by the end of the week.... well maybe I will order some anyway.

Anthony, where did you get the chain with the large loop on it? I am not talking about the hose clamp, but the one it is hooked to.

I did stop at Office Max and get a chain pen, which I think I can adapt.

Well I still have a day or two to think this one over.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming

PenWorks

That one came like that. The ones I made. I used CA and glue the one end into the stand, and soldered the loop on. I found all the stuff at the local hardware store.

wayneis

Dale check out the cjains that are sold for watch's, I think that I got some from Craft Supply. They are gold and you could probably finagle something nice with one.

Wayne

dougle40

I do like Doug's idea, unfortunately I don't have any key chain kits and I am not very patient.
Dale ,
Do what I did , take a key ring apart !!! [:D][:D]
The top finial actually comes off very easy . Just put a small rod through the hole and twist and pull .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom