Second Attempt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

run91

Hi All,

All right here is my second attempt at taking a photo. All comments welcome. Thanks

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

papaturner

The pen looks great,however I`m not allowed to comment on photos........................................................................................................................................................................................................................I`m camera challenged myself.:eek:

OKLAHOMAN

Needed a little tweeking, see if this is a little better?

Attachments

• Second%20Attempt%20044.jpg
    Second%20Attempt%20044.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 153

OKLAHOMAN

Just added some contrast in Picasa, if you don't have a photo enhasing program you can download Picasa 3 for free, its a great program.

DurocShark

Red White and Blue make a challenging contrast combination. If you look at the background you see that Roy had to blue up the image quite a bit to get the pen's colors accurate.

Some photo subjects really need to be taken outside to be photographed in natural light. No matter how much we spend on our fancy strobes, lights, tents, etc.

Try it again outside, perhaps in the shade of your house or a tree or something. A piece of paper can be used as a reflector to brighten the shadows if necessary.

nava1uni

I was taught that shooting against a gray background allows the pen and it's details to show much better. Seems to work for me. I have several pieces of gray material that work. I agree with chuck about props, they seem to detract from the pen.

OKLAHOMAN

Also if you would lay the pen on a horizontal plane at a slight angle (per Skip Rat:biggrin:) your depth of field will allow you to focus on the pen and I agree get rid of the rock:wink:. You could always use the cap as a prop..something like this:

Attachments

• IMG_1948-1.JPG
    IMG_1948-1.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 110

Mark

Amazing what the software can do for you. V2 came out looking great. Cool Pen either way..

Top Bottom