In search of Pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marmotjr

Two separate questions.

One, Looking for a Torpedo themed pen kit. Preferably a single blank, like a Sierra, but multi blank is ok too. It's for a group of submarine enthusiasts. Google search didn't turn much up.

Two, I race RC yachts, and I'm looking to make a few pens as trophies for the year. Most of the nautical based pen kits I've seen are kinda cheesy and over the top blingy, like the junk you see on the walls of seafood restaurants. I'm looking for a classy and refined sailing based pen.

Thanks for the help guys.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Thad, a number of members have used some Teak Decking from named US Naval Vessels.
While they are not directly related to Sailing, as in racing, they may still have the right Nautical Significance.
Hope that helps,
Brian.

Marmotjr

I like the teak idea for the trophies.

For the sub stuff, I'm pretty sure it'll be an acrylic blank, with the groups logo on the tube. Just looking for a kit that looks "subby"

Wildman

I too like Brain's idea of using ship board teak wood decking!

You can use any kit you want; designing the blanks to your standards going to be tough. Might search clipart nautical themes for ideas if want to decorate blanks. Big problem see is resizing without losing details. Talking about making decals or labels for attaching to pen barrel before applying finish. Can find info on those subjects in the library.

Or talk to people here that make their own blanks for ideas on how to proceed.

Was going to suggest Polaris TN gold click pen kit but don't sell them anymore. If click on my pictures will see what am talking about. Think had Polaris subs at one time, so would not need much more than kit & nice blank. Tried turning Polaris twist pen (dayacom) kit ended up sending eight back to vendor.

Top Bottom