Scroll or Talon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary

The Talon is smaller and lighter. The Talon uses a single key to tighten the jaws whereas the original Oneway uses two tommy bars. At Packard Woodworks the difference is $40 rather than $60. Hope that helps.

William Young

Bev;
They are both scrollchucks. The scrollchuck (less the Talon name) has to be loosened or tightened with two steel rods. It can be a bit of a problem when mounting something large although I was able to get around it with a chuck that operated like that in another life. This time I decided it will be the last chuck I will ever buy so I went for the convenience of the one tool T handle tighten and loosen system which is the Talon model.
Cant wait for mine to arrive . Hopefully around the middle of the week.
W.Y.

William Young

Gary.;
Looks like we hit submit at the same time. In CB language that would be I walked on ya. Tho Thorry good buddy..
:) :)
I hadn't noticed in the specs that the talon was smaller and lighter.
That makes me feel better about my choice of the talon because I feel it will handle anything that I will turn on a mini lathe and it should be better suited to it.. The specs say it is for small to medium size lathes.
W.Y.

Gary

I just started using the Talon and really like it. I don't like that two-bar adjusting system on the original Oneway. And, the Talon isn't just smaller...it is significantly smaller.

tipusnr

I use the Talon. I really like it. I have even chucked a piece of corian in it with the standard jaws and was able to turn the top (finial) for my corian pen in it. I just bought the number one jaws for holding smaller objects so that the next finial won't be quite such a challenge.

William Young

Yep, I just checked LV's site and the basic scrollchuck is 4 lbs and the talon is 3.5 lbs.
Here's the specs on them.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=49238&category=1%2C330&SID=&ccurrency=1

I have the page set in Canadian funds. You can click on the flag at the top right for US funds.
W.Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom