Scroll sawed design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawer

I'm new to pen turning but have been doing inlay like work with my scroll saw Here's a pen I did. I've been able to do monograms, the Christian Fish and a couple of logos.

20076221522_diamond%20pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

winpooh498

Very nice!! I have thought about using my scroll saw to make some of my pens, but I need to practice a lot more to get as good of cuts as you did.

Have a great day
Dawn[8D]

gmcnut

Scott, I went to your website. Nice. I was hoping to find a better picture of your pen. I like all of the scrollsaw stuff. Especially the bicycle tandems.

Sawer

Seeing I just started turning pens a couple of weeks ago I haven't had any that I tought are good enough to put on my site, they are just now getting to look good. I'm also learning how to take a good picture of my work, any help here would be good. The whole idea was to show what could be done with a scroll saw, I think it opens up a new ballgame. I've been sawing for 25 years and this is a new challenge for me. The streamline pens as the logo of the high school my girls went to, I see some need to improve on the logo part it will take a few more to get it right.

200763183759_3%20pens.jpg

woodbutcher

You are off to a good start! There are a lot of sharing, knowledgeable people on this forum. You can learn a lot here.
From the looks of those pens you may also be able to expand the knowledge of others also.

tipusnr

Great work. I still haven't figured out whether it's the scroll saw I have or me but it's a real fight for me to get through a 3/4" blank. How do you know when you have enough tension on the blade (pin style). For those who don't remember I have a yard sale Craftsman with no model number on it and therefor no manual!!

Marleb

Not sure a "Pin" type would be a good choice for this type of inlaying.

You'll find that a "pin" type blade is very big when compared to a 2/0 blade.

And proper tension is normally a "C sharp" when you ping the blade. If tone deaf like me, it's a clear high pitch ping
[:I]

Regards,
Marcel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom