screw cap rollerball

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pap2544

Being that I am still new to this hobby I was looking for some suggestions. I am looking to make a mid level / mid size roller ball pen with a screw cap for a family member. The only similar pen I have made is a "Classic American screw cap" from Woodcraft. However, I was going to order from either PSI or CSUSA. Can any one make a suggestion as to what kit to look at. Thanks

jedgerton

I'll second the Retro suggestion but also consider the Jr. Gent as well. With the Jr. Gent, you will have to decide whether you want to be able to post the cap as well. The Retro's cap is postable while the Jr. Gent is offered both ways.

Good luck!

John

wendell

Howdy Pat,

CSUSA has an Americana rollerball kit that is similar to the Woodcraft "Classic American screw cap". It has a snap cap instead of screw cap but it comes in very limited number of platings. Any of Jr. rollerball kit from CSUSA fall into mid size pen category. The nice thing about these pens is that they all use the same bushing set. You start making the cheaper Jr. Gents kits and move to the more flashy/expensive kits without having to buy more bushings.

PSI's "Classic Rollerball" is basically the same kit as the Woodcraft one you already made. I don't have much experience with PSI kits but I believe their Tycoon kit is similar to the Arizona Silhouette (AS) Baron kits.

You might want to look at the AS kit offerings. I like the Baron which comes in a chrome plating that is cheaper than platinum but suppose to be almost as durable. I bought a Sedona kit from AS that uses the same bushing as the Barons but I haven't made it yet.

Good Luck,
Wendell

Top Bottom