Scratch remover

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just turned a black blank and was trying to get all the scratches out, I only wet sanded to 600 because I do not have any finer paper. On the shelf was some Mothers Califirnia Gold car scratch remover. WOW it did make a huge difference, thought I would share this with the rest.
Terry Blanchard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wudwrkr

I'll have to look into the "Mothers". I just finished a black acrylic cigar pen for a special order and I found buffing it with white diamond did the trick:

2006312173447_Black%20Acrylic%20Chrome%20Cigar.jpg

I am really starting to enjoy turning the acrylics!

Thanks Dave, this is a special order as well for an attorney. Cigar pen with copper fittings. They want to order 100 if they like the product. Not sure I want to turn 100 just alike but can see how it turns out. Pen is not complete yet so I have no picture.

jssmith3

Hey Dave, what kind of wheel do you use for the buffing? I have Chamois wheel, will this work?
Janet

Originally posted by wudwrkr
<br />I'll have to look into the "Mothers". I just finished a black acrylic cigar pen for a special order and I found buffing it with white diamond did the trick:

2006312173447_Black%20Acrylic%20Chrome%20Cigar.jpg

I am really starting to enjoy turning the acrylics!

wudwrkr

Janet,
I use an inexpensive 4" buffing wheel from Harbor Frieght. It has a 1/4" mandrel attached, so when I am done turning the pen, I just swap out the pen mandrel for the buffing wheel and I'm set to go. I have the more expensive Beall wheels attached to my shopsmith, but I have had problems using with them acrylics. I've never used a Chomois wheel. However, the key is once you use a wheel with a compound, like I do with white diamond, do not use any other compound on the wheel. Doing so contaminates the wheel and can cause problems, not that I would know anything about that. [:(!]

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom