Schmidt Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

IPD_Mrs

Could someone tell me the difference in the 888 and the 5888 refils? Both use a ceramic tip but one is a plastic cartridge and the other one is metal.

Mike

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

IPD_Mrs

Both of them are labeled ceramic. I just didn't know if there was a length, diameter or capacity difference in them. If they are basically the same then heck the 888 is half the price of the 5888. Either way I love the way they write and better yet Linda is learning to like the feel of the rollerball as well.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />Both of them are labeled ceramic. I just didn't know if there was a length, diameter or capacity difference in them. If they are basically the same then heck the 888 is half the price of the 5888. Either way I love the way they write and better yet Linda is learning to like the feel of the rollerball as well.

Hey, I was just drinkin my beer, like a good cheesehead, when YOU wrote THIS!!!!

I spit my beer all over the room!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Lou,

I know you usually know of which you speak, but most of the rollerballs are only filled about 2/3 of the way anyhow.

It may have the CAPACITY, but do they actually load any more INK???

IPD_Mrs

Ed,
While you clean up your spewed beer please cut open one of each and report back to the forum with your findings![:p]

Linda says that if it has a higher capacity then it stands to reason that 2/3rds of more (the higher capacity) should still be MORE! [xx(] You should find this result as you test the theory.

Mike & Linda

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
1) Was Linda a math major??
2) How long did it take her to make this deduction?
3) Has she considered that the 888 has been stated to be HALF the cost of the 5888 and, no matter how you cut and slice it, there is NOT gonna be TWICE as much ink?

Just ask Linda to continue to "feel her rollerball" until she finds the one she likes. I wish you both well in this endeavor!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

(CHEESEHEAD, huh??? You'll regret THAT remark!!)

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
(CHEESEHEAD, huh??? You'll regret THAT remark!!)

You finally get a winning team, I call you cheesehead and you take offense??? With a 5 and 1 record you should consider it a compliment! Or should I say geriatic cheesehead, nah, that would put you in the same category as Farve.[:D][}:)][:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's F-A-V-R-E!!!!

Straight from LOOOOOSSEE----EEEEEE----AANNNNN-----AAAAHHHHHHHH
(for my friend, Cav).

Go back to playing with your "rollerballs"!!![:0][:0][:0][:0]

IPD_Mrs

See what happens when I'm too "busy" in other areas to look over his "shoulder" Ed.[8]

and besides FAVRE is nuttin compared to MANNING!!!!!!

Linda

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Actually both rollerballs write quite well. Linda is right, it takes a while to get the feel for writing with a rollerball, although it is more forgiving than the fountain pen nib. Don't worry Mike, soon she will find the correct writing angle and say "Geee, I found the SPOT!![}:)][;)][:D]

IPD_Mrs

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br /> Don't worry Mike, soon she will find the correct writing angle and say "Geee, I found the SPOT!![}:)][;)][:D]
Cav, Surely you JEST - for at your age you must be aware that as females we KNOW where the spot is ... we are simply waiting for you MEN to find that same perfect "writing angle"[}:)][:D][:0][:p]

BTW thanks DCBluesfan for being the first and only to give a STRAIGHT answer - and to the rest of you for taking me on down the slippery slope.

Linda & Mike too

ctwxlvr

It seems to me that something that has not been mentioned yet is the difference in the amount of flex between the plastic and metal ... I think it would be a matter of writing style and preference.

bjackman

Anyone else ever refilled a rollerball with fountain pen ink?
Don't remember which brand, but pop off the back/end and inject with a syringe. Works pretty well for a few fills, but eventually the ball/tip does wear and feel rough. One time it just fell out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom