Schmidt Pencil Converter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

Has anyone here used these? I have been unable to find any info on what kits they will fit other than the Perfect Fit and El Grande ballpoints, I don't like either of these. My choice of kits would be the Elegant Sierra if it will work.
Any information would be appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hilltopper46

I believe Arizona Silhouette has instructions on his web site for modifying the Sierra to accept this conversion. I think that internally, the Elegant Sierra is identical to the original Sierra so this conversion should work.

Without looking, I recall that the key to the conversion is clipping a portion of the tem off the top of the Schmidt mechanism.

Disclaimer: I have never made this conversion, but have used the mechanism in a Cigar pen. It was not Berea, PSI or CSUSA cigar hardware.

KenV

Dick -- there happens to be a library article on how to make a Sierra into a pencil by Scott Hettel and in video at that -

Sierra also has a pencil version -- with a shorter barrel.

Have done the conversion and it works fine. The Sierra Pencil as an eraser at the top - but I gave a tube eraser with the Sierra pencil conversion (all the people I know who use pencils want to erase sometimes).

Whaler

Thanks all, I don't know how I missed that tutorial. Looks like it will work as soon as I spend some more money with Bill.

Russianwolf

I've also successfully converted a Long Click and EB/Aero with the 5mm Schmidt pencil insert. Slight modifications of the insert were needed, but both easily done.

Top Bottom