Schmidt easyFlow 9000 Slightly Shorter?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I just started using these and love them (easyFlow 9000). I made two cigars in as many days replaced the stock refills with the 9000s. In both cases, the 9000s extended less than the stock refills.

I just measured the lengths with calipers:
Stock refill: 98.30mm
9000: 97.90

Has anyone else experience the same?
If this is the case, I guess I can trim the lower barrel a little more, or place a very small spacer in tube on top of the refill.

What do you think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sbell111

I just started using these and love them (easyFlow 9000). I made two cigars in as many days replaced the stock refills with the 9000s. In both cases, the 9000s extended less than the stock refills.

I just measured the lengths with calipers:
Stock refill: 98.30mm
9000: 97.90

Has anyone else experience the same?
If this is the case, I guess I can trim the lower barrel a little more, or place a very small spacer in tube on top of the refill.

What do you think?
If you are keeping the pens for your own use, I think that modifying the pen is a great idea. However, if you are selling them (or even giving them away), I think that it's a very bad idea. The person who buys it is going to use up the ink and go buy a new cartridge at Office Depot. This cartridge is going to be too long for their modified pen and they are going to be unhappy.

southernclay

Tony I haven't ever noticed this but you are right on measurements. I'm subscribing so I see what else is said. Messing with a spring is a possibility too but I haven't ever noticed it being an issue.

You are right they are awesome refills!

BTW, haven't forgot about you just been busy at work with a guy out, when the daytime calms down enough I'll be in touch.

KenV

Tony

There is some variability in length of cross style refills too.

I am hard pressed to say which might be too long or which too short as the variation is small. The 0.4 mm is in the range of 0.015 inches and while visibly different, both should function well in a well adjusted pen.

The info is useful to assure one does not have a shorter refill set for a "long" protrusion from a parker style pen.

Whaler

I have been using the EasyFlow 9000 in all of my ballpoint pens for several years and have never found this to be a problem. I would think that if you took a dozen kit refills and compared them you would find differences as well.
Kit refill in the left Cigar and Easy Flow 9000 in the right one.

Refills.jpg

TonyL

Thank you Dick, etc. (especially on the photos). That is exactly my experience.

Top Bottom