Schmidt Ballpoint Refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StephenM

Does Schmidt make a ballpoint refill that's the same size as the rollerball?

My wife is starting a new job this week and I want to make her a special pen but for some reason, she hates rollerballs and only likes ballpoints. I like making the Sedona/Navigators and the Lau Lau Retro pens and don't really like any of the ballpoint kits out there.

Any solutions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

While not a Schmidt, I do know that the Jetstream Refills from Uniball work in most of the rollerball sets including the Jr Gent II.

It's actually a nice writing refill that is pretty smooth, drys fast, and resists washing.

If it has to be something along the line of the Easyflow 900, you could always plug the barrel with something light weight.

IPD_Mr

Well quit playing with the cars then. :biggrin:

Tell Betsy to she will need to start counting cubes again, we are putting a dent in the ones we picked up in DC.

Now back on topic, are we looking at an adapter piece or an elongated Parker style refill? Inquiring minds would like to know. :tongue:

76winger

My wife is starting a new job this week and I want to make her a special pen but for some reason, she hates rollerballs and only likes ballpoints. I like making the Sedona/Navigators and the Lau Lau Retro pens and don't really like any of the ballpoint kits out there.

Any solutions?

Is it the ballpoint refills vs. the Rollerball refills that she prefers, probably due to the feel of the way they lay ink down on paper?

Or is it the style of ballpoint pens that she prefers over the Rollerball styles which usually have removable caps, vs. click/twist operation of the ballpoints?

PS. In a case like this, you have to remember that you're making the pen for the customer (your wife in this case) rather than something you would prefer.

Last edited:

StephenM

Any solutions?

Is it the ballpoint refills vs. the Rollerball refills that she prefers, probably due to the feel of the way they lay ink down on paper?

Or is it the style of ballpoint pens that she prefers over the Rollerball styles which usually have removable caps, vs. click/twist operation of the ballpoints?

PS. In a case like this, you have to remember that you're making the pen for the customer (your wife in this case) rather than something you would prefer.

It's the ballpoint vs rollerball. She loves the capped/postable pens but she hates the fact that they aren't available as a ballpoint. She's not left handed so it's not an ink smearing thing. Of course, she is from Illinois originally - that could be it.

sbell111

Another vote for the pilot refills. Also, I seem to remember Monteverde having a rollerball-sized ballboint refill in their catalog.

PenMan1

Another vote for the pilot refills. Also, I seem to remember Monteverde having a rollerball-sized ballboint refill in their catalog.

Monteverde does have a rollerball sized refill. It writes wonderfully, but it is expensive.

In a "blind" testing, my customers perfer my rollerball refills in this order: Pilot G3 .7, Pilot G3 .5, Monteverde Medium, Monteverde fine, Waterman fine, Private Reserve 5888 medium, Private Reserve 5888 fine.

Funny thing, but even my Mont Blanc rollerball users didn't care for the MB refill:)

Last edited:
Top Bottom